Today is the day. Self hypnosis to relax, Lissa’s prayer to calm me with a peace beyond understanding, and a knowledge that this contrast MRI of my brains is going to give us answers. I am thankful that I can stick my noggin into this loud, claustrophobic machine to help figure out why my arm is dancing with tremors. But I also must admit my fears and stress levels are beyond where they should be. I am working hard at turning my hands up and trusting God already knows what this imaging will reveal. So last night I made a what I’m grateful for list.
I think it helped to focus on the positives of even if rather than the negative of what if. So please pray for me to be able to be still in the noisy machine so they can get good images. Pray for me to rest in whatever my weird brain reveals. Hopefully, it will show that I do indeed have a brain. Kidding aside, I am going to be glad when this evening comes and this new to me adventure is completed. A beautiful gift is that after the MRI I will be heading down to Pat’s house that is my rest place. Before that I get to spend time with my grandkids, Angelica, Lissa and Felix along with two greats, Caleb and AJ. I am hoping to not be knock kneed from my ordeal. Perhaps instead I will be a puddle of rest that has evaded me the past few days and nights.
So here is Elissa’s prayer that says everything I need to hear that I will be focusing on throughout the day.
Lord above comfort me. Give me courage. Help me see. Guide my actions. Guide my words. Let me know my prayers are heard. . Amen
In Him,
Joyful
3-20-23

I just now read this post so you are relaxing with family by the time you read this. I prayed and asked that you get the results you want.
ReplyDelete