This morning I was directed in my Bible to Philippians and boy did it speak to me.
It is a small book, a letter from Paul that reminds us of that Jesus came to serve.
We need to be servants as well.
How we live determines our direction.
Giving to get is not the right mindset but clearly we get when we give of ourselves.
If we look around at others who have a servants heart, we need to give a bit to them.
A word of encouragement, a helping hand, our time to listen and encourage.
As we pour out we need to be filled back up to pour again.
There is a saying not to be a clogged Christian.
It is important to spend time being filled so we can flow onto others the love , peace, and joy of our Lord.
We don’t give to get.
However, the giver really does receive more than the recipient.
That is just an incredible truth.
We receive a servant’s heart and that is a gift nothing else can provide.
The peace and knowledge that someone else’s life is a bit easier, more encouraged because
We saw them and acted to let them know who they are matters.
I am beyond excited that at this season of my life I get to spend so much time encouraging others. It is true that I look forward to the rest of my life putting others first is my way of putting myself first.
In Him,
Joyful
3-22-23


No comments:
Post a Comment