Tuesday, June 27, 2023

Bahama Bound with the Florida Keys Sail Included

 


And off we go………. Ronnie B and I are off to the Bahamas to sail with friends through the crystal clear waters of the Bahamas. This time we are going to the Dry Tortugas and will sail up the Florida’s Keys. Sadly, Paul and Cindy won’t be joining us this trip but the other folks will make it a blast just the same. I will just have to drink two of our favorite drinks in Key West. It will be a sacrifice but anything for Cindy. 

This trip will be a bit different with me toting oxygen through the airplane but I am confident that I won’t even need it at sea level. If I do, I have already figured out how I can snorkel with my cannula. My snorkel is a goofy looking, full face mask one and I am taking an extra long tubing so I can swim with oxygen. But I am pretty sure that won’t be necessary. Ronnie B and I have already decided we are going to split meals at restaurants so we don’t overindulge quite as much as we did on previous sails. The indulging in seafood and local cuisine is part of the joy of the trip but our hope is to not come back and need a new wardrobe. 

So I must say that I am beyond excited, a bit nervous about my energy level and my bags are already packed and ready to load in the car. Of course I am sure I overpacked but I was careful to leave room for purchased treasures to fit easily. 


These past few months have been at home recovering and adjusting to long covid. I am ready to boldly go on this trip and determined to enjoy the moments of the next couple weeks. My prayer is that each of you have an adventure of some sort this summer. Whether it is a barbecue on the back porch, a trip to an island, or spending time with family, the summer is better when we include others in our plans. So I lift a glass to those of you who share my journey and pray for each of you to enjoy your summer. 

In Him,

Joyful

6-27-23

No comments:

Post a Comment