Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Childhood Books are the Best


 I found a book of animals from my childhood. It made me realize how few books were in our home. My mom was a person who borrowed books from the library throughout her life but rarely bought a book. Later in life, she did get paperbacks from garage sales but I don’t think she ever bought a book for herself brand new. How different life is now with book shelves filled with self-help, faith-based and every other kind to read at our leisure. Perhaps that is why Santa brought my kids and grandkids a special book each Christmas. 

What I noticed flipping through this well worn book of strange animals is just how many reports I wrote from that book for school. It was my go to whenever I had to research. Now my grandkids as well as their parents have information at their fingertips or even just a Alexa could you tell me…….away. Ron and I rarely watch a PBS program without calling out for more info on the subject.

 It is great to have knowledge  so close but there is still something about an old book from one’s childhood. Clearly, Mom wrote our names in the book and one of us thought it wasn’t big enough. I love the memories of this book in my childhood. Learning about the shrew was one of my favorite reports to write. If you don’t know much about this tiny animal with a big personality, you should Google it or just ask Siri. You will probably see more pictures than my precious to me book.

In Him,


Joyful

6-13-23



No comments:

Post a Comment