Friday, January 19, 2024

My Role is Clear if I Choose to Accept It

                        The greatest indication of our relationship with God is how we treat others. 

2024 has the potential to destroy relationships as each of us sets up camp in what we believe to be true. We even can shake our heads and roll our eyes at how someone else could possibly be gullible or stupid enough to believe what they believe. Elections didn’t used to tear family and friends apart. Each of us has a decision to make this year. We can stand firm in our own opinions and base them on the facts that the media and politicians present or we can set down our own stubbornness and accept that both sides have truth and validity. I am preaching to me. It is true that my history leans me one way and I have a difficult time accepting the other side of the issue. What I do believe is that all Americans want the same things. Security, safety, prosperity, and community are goals. We just have different ideas on how to achieve them. It does no good to name call someone who wants to get to the same solution using a different strategy than I trust. The truth is the concerns we have in our country are not being solved by either party. So let’s stop pretending that our side has all the answers figured out. 


Let love and kindness be the motivation in all you do.
1 Corinthians 16:14

I trust this my favorite verse so much that it is tattooed on my wrist as a reminder of how I want to live. Trust me I am not perfect in living this out but I am striving to do so. Can we just agree in this coming year to check ourselves when we begin to change love and kindness for judging and condemning. The only person I have control over is me. The only person you can control is you. Others are judging us as harshly as I judge them. It is good that I am not in politics making decisions. My track record for making the right decisions in my own life can be sketchy. What I can do is strive to stay open minded and pray for those who will be leaders of our nation. That is a tall order in itself. 

In Him,
Joyful
1-19-25

No comments:

Post a Comment