Sunday, February 4, 2024

Ronnie B is my Sweetheart for 2024 Since 1973

 


Today is Valentine’s Day at the Barbers’ house. Or at least we are celebrating today since Ronnie B is leaving at the crack of dawn to spend a couple weeks in the Yucatán doing archeology. We have been wanting to go up into the Jemez and eat fabulous pizza at Scott’s place, Jemez Mountain Brewery. It is a much higher elevation than where we are on the way. Last time we were up there my oxygen couldn’t keep up. So I have batteries charged on my concentrator and off we go for a late lunch/ early dinner. 

Bummer is that Ron will miss the superbowl. We typically watch it together since we both want to watch the game rather than chitchatting. But who knows maybe I will invite a few commercial watchers over for snacks this year. 

It is always a mixed blessing this time of year. Mourning that Sundays won’t have football but celebrating that the days are getting longer. Soon it will be the equinox and we will be looking at even more sunshine in the southwest. Ron and I sat down with our calendar to map out trips and events that are happening in 2024. April will be the eclipse in Texas and Padre Island for swimming. June our beautiful grandgirl,


Kenzie, is graduating in Tacoma so an rv trip is in our future. Ron will take the sailboat from Florida to Rhode Island without me since Elissa is expecting our first great grandgirl. The rest of the calendar is clear so far. It will fill up there is no doubt about that. Now we have six grandkids in Washington so trips up there are a must. Beach days visiting Tanner, Bethany and Clara is a twofer; seeing family and getting our toes in the sand.

I hope that your 2024 is unfolding with renewed relationships and hope for what is to come. Thank you for tagging along for my journey. If any of you would like a free copy of my book, just email me to barbers6@yahoo.com and I will send one out to you. I still want to get one to you Terra but I lost your address. 

In Him,

Joyful

2-4-24.     

No comments:

Post a Comment