Thursday, March 28, 2024

Wildfire or Wildflowers? Why Can’t Both Be Right?


 Isn’t the saying spread it around like wildfire? This morning my grandgirl said spread it around like wildflowers. Hmmmm that works just as well. Those wildflowers that just cover the ground without the help of a gardener brighten all our days. While wildfire destroys, wildflowers enhance the landscape. Do you ever wonder how those beautiful blooms came to be in that specific location? Was it like Johnny Appleseed where someone was on a mission to beautify an otherwise dreary spot? Perhaps we will never know for sure. But what a joy to be out for a walk or a car ride and see the colorful ground.

When my dad had to go for radiation I drove him and hour and a half each way. Everyday we would comment on the daisies that littered the road as we drove. Those are fond memories I have of conversations with my dad and sweet flowers will always bring up memories of him. I just love that. 

Today is sunny and warm here in New Mexico. The days are getting longer which I just love. Crocus and daffodils are starting to pop their heads through the soil. I am sad that Felix won’t be here to make our deer grazing flower bed this year. But I am happy he has a new beginning with his dad’s side of the family in Tacoma. This year I am lucky to have my great-grandson help me. Who knows how long his family will live close but for now I will enjoy all my time with them. For all those who smile at these first signs of spring and all who have memories of loved ones here or gone, I send a virtual hug. 

Let’s let our kindness and warmth spread like wildflowerson this lovely spring day.

In Him,

Joyful

3-28-24

No comments:

Post a Comment