Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Hour after Hour on the Hour


 Every hour on the hour…….what would you be willing to do every hour on the hour? Would you take a minute to do just one thing over and over throughout the day? Would you need an alarm on your watch or your phone or both so you would not forget to pause and do that one thing? How long do you truthfully think you could sustain this practice? One day, half a day, one week or would you let the second hour slip by and call it quits? I have been thinking a lot about this. What would my motivation have to be to keep up a practice hour after hour? 

So the reason I am focusing on this is that I have an oxygen meter that connects to my phone to record my oxygen level. It is recommended that I take it on the hour to get a clear picture of how my lungs are working. So far I have downloaded the app but have not started. I think I am afraid I will not follow through. There is motivation to be faithful to this practice for at least a few days to get a baseline of my lungs. But even if I didn’t do every hour I could still record as many as I did and that would be helpful. So why haven’t I started? The old all or nothing concept seems to be paralyzing me from getting started. 

But isn’t that true of many things in life. We stall before we even get started because we may not hit the mark that we deem success. Today is the day as Mel Fisher said that I am going to begin checking my oxygen. What do you want to do on the hour or even once a day? Perhaps you want to just once a week pick up the phone or clean out your fridge the day before the trash comes. Whatever it is you know it will be okay even if you mess up here and there. It is better that most Mondays I clear out all the expired stuff in my fridge than to let it rot. At least I won’t have expired food from the 1990s in my fridge anymore. Oh wait, that was my mom’s fridge not mine. See I am improving even if I misstep on occasion. Better to put practices in place than to wait for fear of failing. It is almost nine o’clock so I better go check my oxygen for the first time but not the last time today.

In Him,

Joyful

3-27-24


No comments:

Post a Comment