Friday, September 27, 2024

Oxygen Again? Be Grateful not Whiney

 


Nope, I am not willing to go back to oxygen full time. I need to get my lungs healthy after this last infection. It is strange that when I was so sick last year and tethered to my oxygen I was thankful not resentful. But now that I have only been using it at night I do not want to go back. The past few months I have experienced the freedom of having my inogen in the car but not on my back. I now resent when my numbers dip into the mid-eighties. It has been long enough so my lungs just need to get with the program and work independently. 

Okay, I am being a brat. There are so many who are on life supports for life and will continually lose ground. So I am aware that I am being ungrateful. But I have been recovering not in a progressively worse scenario. Pray for me to be patient and accepting of where my health is at. I join Ronnie B in Greece so I need to be okay if I travel with my oxygen. Being healthy enough to enjoy this trip with or without oxygen support is what I need to be grateful for. Yes, I am trying to convince myself. 

This past week has been full of rest, Vicks, and hydrating. Fortunately, I don’t have much on my plate so the timing works. Ron is in Germany with Cameron and the few appointments I had were easily moved. My goal is to do all that I can, even oxygen support, to get back to health before I board the plane. My tribe has circled me with love and munchies. 

Please pray for me to be patient in this rest season and confident that this lung misstep is only a bump in the road not permanent. Be grateful in all things. I am trying. 

In Him,

Joyful

9-27-24

No comments:

Post a Comment