Tuesday, September 24, 2024

It is Only Phone Money! Just Obey Each and Everytime




 Yesterday, God prompted me to take my phone money (I keep emergency money in my phone case) and give to the two guys who were dropping off my new oven. Let me back up and tell you that I was frustrated when Lowe’s informed me they didn’t charge me for hookup so it would literally be dropped off without them taking the old one or installing the new one. Ugh! Thank God for John who will come get everything working for me. Giving these two $$ seemed not necessary. Then when I took my case off and realized I only had a $100 bill I was beginning to argue with God’s prompting. A twenty I would have been okay with. But I obeyed and gave them the cash. This led to me sharing that I often hand money to people who are begging so I wanted to reward them for their work ethic. One shared his story of recovery and he has been sober for four months. I shared Tanner’s struggles with addiction and God pressed me to give them my book. I brought back three and signed them in Him. The extra copy will go to someone at his AA meetings. The other guy typed that he didn’t read English but would share the book with his children. He later texted me a big thank you for the $$ and the book. He let me know that he struggled to make it from paycheck to paycheck and the fifty dollars would bless his family. Okay, God was right and I was wrong. Go figure! How sad it would have been if I missed this connection. God knows. I just have to obey. It was beyond worth a hundred dollars to share my testimony with them and God knows who else. So today I am celebrating His direction and my faithfulness. Who knows how the opportunities I missed by questioning if that impulse was Him? If it might be I need to act as if it is. What do I have to lose if it is not? Not as much as I have to gain. That is for sure! After all to know Him and to make Him known is my life’s work one connection at a time. 



In Him,
Joyful
9-24-24

No comments:

Post a Comment