What a gift to have those in our lives that we can share everything that is in our hearts and they still love us and offer acceptance. This is our greatest treasure. Those who walk beside us and choose to show up time and time again. Don’t take them for granted. Reach out and let them know what it means to you to have their support and encouragement in your life. It doesn’t take much for others to feel appreciated. A kind word, a cup of coffee, or a quick text is sometimes just the touch our people need.
A couple days ago I commented on Nicole’s facebook page and she responded that I have always been there for her. It makes me recognize how few and far between my reaching out to this strong young woman is. Yet, in her mind I am one of her supports. Oh how little I have given yet even those small gestures impact her days. Her words were the encouragement I needed to reach out to another friend who has been in my thoughts but she needs to know it. So I texted and invited and we are going to get together.
How many people am I praying for and thinking of without reaching out? Too many to count. What if I made a commitment to myself to let them know when they cross my mind? How different their day may unfold if I take the time to send a quick text or better yet an invite to meet up for a quick phone call or coffee date. My daughter always says I am a selfless person. I hope to live without selfishness but to be selfless means I can’t isolate in my own little world. God calls me to show up for others and be present never to judge and condemn but to encourage and support. His pressing me to not cancel those that feel like a one way relationship. Who am I to judge someone for not being the first to reach out when I am often guilty of the same thing.
Bottom line is that you and I need to be intentional about stepping into intimacy and sharing our days with others. And according to this we will have a more positive outlook, live longer and maybe even improve our health. Now that is something we should all sign up for.
In Him,
Joyful
10-1-26


No comments:
Post a Comment