Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today Is The Day

'Today is the day!' that is what Mel Fisher said for over a decade while looking for lost treasure. Eventually, after much persistence, he found his treasure. We all need that attitude in life. Persistence to be the best we can be and to tirelessly persue our dreams and goals.

Tammy and I have used the example of Mel Fisher's optimistic efforts with our special ed students for years. I just wish I could give this attitude to give it your all to my own children as well as every mother's children. Working hard to achieve your passions is the best way to live. It gives us life.

Drugs and alcohol suck ambition and hope from those who abuse them. It takes a world of possibilities and shrinks it down to a small room full of hopelessness. I have watched my own children be robbed of the lives they deserve to live. My son lost everything from being a dad to his amazing daughter and even his own life.

I pray that children take the 1st step away from drugs and toward their passions. Today, some are believing the lies that they can't and shouldn't and even that they are unloveable. Drugs are taking their hope and ambition.

My prayer is that all can believe that 'Today is the day' the day to put aside the drugs and choose life. Choose to produce and live what they love. Have an enormous world of possibilities and work their butts off to get there reward. Whatever that is.

Today and always In Him,
Joyful and Hopeful
4-15-2010

No comments:

Post a Comment