Monday, March 26, 2012

Calling

Women's retreat question was what is your calling. That is a hard one to limit to a calling. Writing has been a gift God has blessed me with that I pray blesses others. Being in the lives of others is a calling that has been blessing my life through Young Life, school, scouts, and now Celebrate Recovery. The depth of my relationships with teens and others have enriched my life so much more than I could have believed.

What is our calling? To reach others through writing, through relationships, through reaching out and putting others before ourselves. JOY Jesus, Others, then Yourself. When I think of the calling I know that even in relationships with others my call is to the relationship with Christ first. That relationship fills me up so I have an overflow for others.

I am thrilled to be out of my crawling Christian phase and walking toward less selfishness, less anger, and less jealousy. Waling toward putting others before myself gives me more back than when I wallowed in all these poor behaviors. Of course, I am still striving toward JOY and leaning away from my old habits but at 55 I am learning to listen.

In Him,
Joyful
3-26-12

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I just wrote a post about the search for my "calling"... true gifts. I'm not sure I'm completely out of my crawling stage. Sometimes I think I am but then I have a relapse and go back to my old ways. I suppose, as long as we are still on this earth, we are forever a work in progress.

    My very first blog post,over two years ago now, was about learning to listen. I'm still working on it...

    ReplyDelete