Sunday, July 26, 2015

Discipline and Motivation to 'Do Everything In Love'

  1. Discipline is the suppression of base desires, and is usually understood to be synonymous with self control. Self-discipline is to some extent a substitute for Motivation.
    Motivation  The reason or reasons one has for acting or behaving in a particular way. The general desire or willingness of someone to do something.
    I would like to break down the fruits of the spirit based on discipline and motivation. 
    Love is really how I feel about and treat others and ourselves. If I measure all I do with 1 Corinthians 16:14 Do everything in love.  I would rid my live of conflict and bring myself peace. Doing everything in love would mean being patient, gentle, kind and would give me a joyful existence.
     It occurs to me that self-control is the most difficult of the fruits of the spirit to achieve. Even with discipline and motivation too often I do things for the immediate gratification not looking forward to future rewards. Common sense would seem to help me know that self-control leads to a rich and rewarding life. But those base desires take over and cloud the big picture. 
    As I look forward to a family reunion followed by the beginning of my last teaching year  I am trying to have discipline to use self-control.
    The family reunion should be such a wonderful time to catch up with those we love but often turns into a gossip situation. I am praying I find a way to stay upbeat and really put into practice the listen more than I speak advice from the Bible. 
    My program will have 5 instructional assistants this year with only one returning from last year. My hope is to have a group time each day after school to support each other in working with our middle schoolers in the most supportive and positive way. It is too easy to fall into the habit of getting too busy to process as a team. Staying positive in this exhausting job can be tough. But having a complaining spirit is more exhausting and less productive. 
    New beginnings is when I am motivated to being positive and improving on past mistakes. Staying focused on these goals is difficult as I get caught up in the bustle of family and school. It will take all my self-control and prayer to truly  'Do everything in love.'

    1 Corinthians 13:13 


    And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love



    In Him,

    Joyful

    7-26-15






No comments:

Post a Comment