Monday, April 2, 2018

Butt Plunge

The promise of a new and improved home space is what makes remodeling worth enduring. Ron and I are 6 months into a 4 month remodel. We have been gifted  by so many friends who allow us to shower, sleep, cook and share internet at their houses.  Brilliantly,we purchased a 19 foot 1977 RV last spring which housed us until it began to freeze. I was always a bit skiddish stepping out in the early morning since our town had hungry bears roaming our neighborhoods. There was bear poop in our yard but I never met up with one coming out of our backyard home.

Today we moved back into our house and the Prairie Princess. There is no toilet, faucet, tub or sink in the house yet but between our RV, showering at the YMCA, a rented PortaJohn, and a makeshift kitchen complete with microwave, instant pot, toaster oven and bottled water, we will get by.

Unfortunately, there is no light in the PortaJohn and it is a bit chilly outside. I have never been that wife that complains about Ron putting the lid down. My thought has always been~why should he put it down when I don’t put it up for him. HMMMM. My thoughts have changed since stumbling out in the dark to use our outside commode. You have to laugh so you don’t cuss.  I am now coining the term   Butt Plunge. That is what occurs when my sweet Ronnie B. leaves the lid up and I don’t check first.

Our home is going to be gorgeous and we will be so spoiled and blessed by the finished results. But today I am whining about the chilly reality that is a home without running water.

In Him,
Joyful
4-2-18

No comments:

Post a Comment