Thursday, April 19, 2018

A Fire, A Bloodclot, and the Gifts That We Recieve

This is a week that makes me wonder how people survive in life without the three Fs. Family, friends, and faith are what get me through the difficulties of life. Even in the what seems like the worst case scenarios we can see the upside and how even this could be worse.

Saturday-Natalie called to tell me how wonderful it is to live in our vintage 1977 motorhome. She and Nate had it all organized and set up just right. Their plan was to leave San Diego Monday for Washington state to begin school and new adventures. Nate just got out of the Navy after serving 8 years as a submariner. My sweet daughter was so excited with the next steps life has to offer with her perfect man by her side.

While she was driving to meet Nate about noon, she smelled a disturbing smell, then saw smoke followed by flames. She was just off the freeway and 2 blocks from Nate. She knew she couldn’t wait so pulled over and she and our granddog, Shibby, got out moments before the whole thing was engulfed in flames.

Wednesday-Natalie and Nate were able to get into the burned out RV to see if anything had been spared. They found a few pictures, some pages of her journals that weren’t lost. She also found her Nana’s Bible without the cover but the pages were intact. Precious gifts that are not lost.

Monday- Out of order! Ron was recovering splendidly from shoulder surgery the previous week. In the middle of the night he began having excruciating pain just under his right ribs. After spending the wee hours of the night in the emergency room they discovered a blood clot in his lung.  We came home on blood thinners and stronger pain medications.

I am beyond thankful for living with access to medical experts to protect my Ronnie B.
I am beyond thankful for all the prayers and support we have received from family and friends.
I am beyond thankful for a staff that steps up to be there for my bitty students when I can’t be there with them.
I am beyond thankful my girl and granddog got out of the inferno with only smoke inhalation.
I am beyond thankful that we share pictures and memories in this technological age so some irreplaceable treasures are not lost.

In Him,
Joyful
4-19-18

No comments:

Post a Comment