Monday, December 30, 2019

Out of Bed and onto My Knees

Laying in bed for hours worrying about situations I cannot control is not productive. Last night my brain would not turn off and scanned every aspect of life that is not mine to fix. So today I am exhausted and nothing has improved. What I should have done was get up, read my Bible and pray. I never professed to be brilliant at 2am.

This wasn’t even full of any of those ah-ha moments where you reach for a notebook to jot down your thoughts so you can capture your ideas. It was pure and simple worry and wallowing in pity. Some day I will learn to get up and not just lay in my fears. I’m sure Ronnie B. would appreciate if I didn’t toss and turn keeping him awake. Maybe someone should create an app for that. A simple shove to get me out of bed and onto my knees.

In Him,
Joyful
12-30-19

No comments:

Post a Comment