Monday, January 13, 2020

How Was I Conceived You Ask

Do you know how you were conceived? Does it matter? Was there candlelight and soft music, holding hands and gazing into each other’s eyes? Or were the circumstances less ideal> Does it matter in your value or make you who you are?

Being an adoptive mom has not given me the honor to nurture my children in womb. I loved them from the moment I was chosen to be their mom but I didn’t get to drnk extra milk or take prenatal vitamins. Not only did I not have knowledge of their conception but I didn’t get to feel their first flutter of a kick or welcome them into this world as they took their first breath. My love for each of them and how they overflowed my heart with love has never been dependent on the circumstances of their conception or that their birth mothers nurtured them before they were placed in my arms. God chose us to be aa family and the rest was not relevant.

Our self worth, contributions to this society are not dependent on our conception but how we conceive to live our lives. Our connections with others and our hearts for each other are what is important. None of us wear aa sign that flashes about our beginnings. What does shine bright is who we are to those people in our lives. How do we treat the person working next to us? Do we know the name of our mail lady. Did we throw that piece of traah down for someone else to pick up or bend over to be the one picking up what others have tossed? Did we stop to hold the door or was our day too busy to be bothered with another? Do we really listen when others are speaking or are we preoccupied with our own thoughts and words?

I’m writing a gospel, a chapter each day is a saying that always gives me pause to reflect on how I am living through the eyes of others. The second half of that is What is the gospel according to you today? The truth is the gospel I write, who others perceive me to be is not about my conception but my execution. How I execute and navigate my world and where my focus is. Am I so self focused that it is all about me or is my focus on others? My hope is to continually strive to put others first with the knowledge that the more I give, the more is returned to me through relationships and love.

In Hm,
Joyful
1-13-19

No comments:

Post a Comment