Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Don’t Decide Too Quickly

Warm and comfortable is the way to wake up and start my day. I am blessed to be in this wonderful airbnb in Washington to await the arrival of my new grandson. The room is comfortable and the home is clean and inviting. The first impression was not so wonderful. My thought was that I needed to run away and find a new place. It is good that I waited for a second look. I was focused on one thing that is wrong rather than the whole picture. So the refrigerator was not the cleanest. It was late when I got here after a day of airplane flights and way too much rain on the drive down from SeaTac. So my weary self is the one who wanted to take a small piece of information and judge the whole situation. What I realize is that if I had chosen to run I would have missed out on this beautiful home and possibly landed in a much less desirable circumstance.

Too often I make snap judgements and don’t fully explore something. Then it is hard to get that first impression out of my attitude. What do I miss out on because of my own stubbornness? Seeing the big picture, the opportunity is only possible if I get the speck out of my eye and truly see.

Here I sit on a comfy couch with the perfect cup of coffee that was prepared in a well equipped kitchen. The rain outside is a gentle sound in the background as I snuggle under my blanket and write my heart onto this page. I’m so glad I didn’t bolt at my first look but gave this space time to sink in. I feel safe, comfortable and welcome in this home that will be my home for the next month or two.

In Him,
Joyful
1-29-1-20

1 comment:

  1. This is a good reminder to not indulge in snap judgements.

    ReplyDelete