Sometimes we need to heed the warning signs. Even when we change our plans and feel like it was probably unnecessary because nothing happened it is good to take a step out and listen. Ronnie B. was supposed to be coming up to Washington this afternoon. Although I can’t wait to see him I am thankful he changed his flight to arrive tomorrow instead. Yesterday at work he began feeling achy and feverish. He went home to rest and assess if he was getting sick. Then he got a cancellation of his flight from Southwest. A cancellation a day ahead? That is so weird. If they were having mechanical problems they would just replace it with another plane. Wouldn’t they? So even thought Ronnie B. was feeling better not worse, he is waiting until Wednesday to come up. This works out because I am nannying this evening and Paul would have had to pick him up tonight. Would something tragic happen if he rescheduled today? Probably not but there was no need to just plow through or fly on as it were. The signs were there to prevent him from coming up today. So I am glad he is waiting. Now I better take this time to clean my rented room and empty a drawer for his stuff. See there is a reason for this delay. It may be as simple as my procrastinating what I want to get accomplished before my sweetheart arrives.
Off to do laundry and then remake the bed with fresh sheets and organize a bit more. Best foot forward even after all these years together.
In Him,
Joyful
2-11-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment