Sunday, February 9, 2020

Real Change Not a Quick Fix This Time

So I just wanted to share the key points to my Bible study this morning since it so touched my heart. It was about change and Holly Furtick really summed it up for me.
~Real change requires honesty with myself and someone I trust.
~Real change comes through simplicity not drama.
~Real change is a process that takes consistency.
~Real change comes when I want to cover up but you keep being vulnerable.

Don’t stop at the fix!

I don’t know about you but I have brokenness in my heart that I have been working on for decades if not a lifetime. Often I rehash my desire for change right on this page. But like they say we shouldn’t remain baby Christians but mature and grow in our faith, I need to recognize and work on that real change that I want to see in my own heart. The truth is I don’t want to live bogged down with a few characteristics that I need to change for my own well being and happiness. But I just keep circling the  change and not setting it in stone. I truly believe God can change my heart and be done with it but I somehow cling to my jealousy and insecurity. This word this morning was just what I needed. To be honest with myself, keep it simple, work through it and be vulnerable with those who know my heart. That last point is one I need to be courageous enough to walk in. Not sharing with anyone or everyone but trusting a few close friends to support me with my change. I can trust in true change. After all Ron and I have my favorite love story after years of brokenness. It was not instant but it is real. That is my greatest gift in life to be together with the love of my life. Reflecting on that it took all of the above steps and was not a quick fix but is a forever change.


2 Corinthians 5:17 New Living Translation (NLT)

17 This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun!

Here is the link to her message about change. After all, we all have areas of our heart that log for a permanent change not just a bandaid or quick fix that covers up rather than heals completely

In Him,
Joyful


No comments:

Post a Comment