Friday, March 13, 2020

Hope in the rain this Friday the 13th

The rain has come back to Tacoma. For two weeks we have had sunshine and warmth but today it is dreary and wet. Almost seems that winter returned after a glimpse of Spring. Honestly it is quite pleasant sitting here five stories up with a cup of coffee looking out at the chimney’s smoking and people walking under umbrellas. Yes, they do use umbrellas in Washington despite the hype that they are too tough for them. If this weather had been this way for the past few weeks I would have been so over it. But because this is the first day of downpour after the sun and knowing I am flying to the sunny southwest tomorrow makes me appreciate the view. I mean I did bring rain gear and warmer clothes that have sat in my suitcase.

Natalie’s response to the schools closing here for six weeks was that she would have loved that if she was in middle school. My grandgirls are not at all happy with the idea of staying home. I think both feelings are valid. The novelty of this unexpected vacay would be like an extended snow day in my mind. But not being able to see friends for weeks or having your sports and concerts cancelled would be harder to cheer for. Our hope is that kids as well as adults all across the world can get back to their normal routines sooner than later. May 1st would even be pushing our patience to be real. But the thought of being home and away from others can be tolerated temporarily for the good of us all. Just like the rain brings life to the plants. But a break from the rain is needed to appreciate the rain. Perhaps this break from our lives is what we need to appreciate all the freedoms that we enjoy normally. The timing even seems good during this election year of division amongst us. Coming together for the good of us all seems appropriate. We are united behind a common goal of germ free zones.

My challenge is to stay as positive when I look at my investment account and believe that like this rainy weather will lead to sunny days once again, so will my stocks regain their value at some point. Until then I will be thankful that I don’t need that income today and can wait for the sun to return. Today is Friday the thirteenth after all my Mom’s most favorite day for a reason. Believing the hope in the storm was her gift to each of us.

In Him,
Joyful
3-13-20


No comments:

Post a Comment