Let love and kindness be the motivation in everything you do. 1 Corinthians 16:14
What a difficult notion when times feel chaotic in our world with Corona Virus, elections, and financial fears. It is much easier to blame others and misunderstand intentions than be kind and loving even when we are frightened and disagree with others. So many are condemning our leaders for their response to our current situation. Whether locally or nationally those who are making decisions may get it wrong but are acting to keep our safety first. Some overreact and others under respond but they have the burden to weigh out things we don’t even consider in their decisions. What I believe is that each of them are acting in our best interest on both sides of politics. They are public servants for a reason. Fame and power may factor in but at the end of the day it is even best for those motivators that they get this right to protect us from financial and health impacts of our current situation..
What breaks my heart is when even people I love are so sure they know that they are quick to condemn others who have different thoughts or approaches to our nations best interest. It hurt me that I even saw a young man I love and respect imply that things will improve when baby boomers fade away. What? Can he really be so sure that his view is the only view that has merit? I respect his vote, his opinion and his passion. Too many young people don’t pay attention or take the time to vote. He is engaged and that is a good thing. However it is also good that us boomers continue to be engaged. Believe it or not the truth is none of us has all the answers or sees everything. It bugs me just as much when boomers talk down to our youth and dismiss their truths. My hope is to get through this election process and virus season with open hearts and open minds. Recognizing that everyone’s opinions matter and that there is not a right and wrong but a blend of ideas that moves our nation forward.
Our leaders need our prayers. As much for the toxic way they treat each other as for the decisions they make that impact our lives. Love and kindness, love and kindness isn’t condemning others or being arrogant but loving others and knowing that each of us has a right to our opinion. After all isn’t that what we all want? A world that accepts everyone and condemns no one is the one I want to live in. I don’t want anyone to fade away even when I strongly disagree with their politics. Thank God I don’t have to be in charge because one thing I am quite sure of is that I don’t have all the answers even though I am a boomer.
In Him,
Joyful
3-11-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment