Happy birthday to Ryan! It feels like I am actually giving my son a birthday gift this year. Sending out books to those who love us about our journey through his death is also a window to his life and love for others. This unedited window to my heart and sharing my son with others is a gift to me and feels like a birthday gift to him. Of course I will send up a balloon as I always have. This year is the first that Ronnie B. and I won’t be together on Ry’s birthday. It makes me feel extra lonely that we are not doing this together. But Ron will no doubt get a balloon in New Mexico to lift off as I send mine up in Washington. Maybe we can FaceTime and send them at the same time. Togetherness is powerful in getting us through missing our son.
This year the other gift is that Natalie’s one week old son is named after Ryan. Felix Ryan is doing beautifully and will carry on Ry’s name for us. Elissa is a gift to her dad and so are all the others who continue to love and think about him in their own ways. What a beautiful day it is. I am glad Ryan adored his birthdays. Perhaps he continues to celebrate in his own way in Heaven this year. That makes me smile.
In Him,
Joyful
3-2-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment