I let fear consume me last night so it was a mostly sleepless night. The truth of how much this isolation is affecting me is not as great as it could be. Survival is being connected to the news, Netflix, and others through conversations and FaceTime. This I can survive. The fear that I could lose connectivity if the satellites went down threw me into an unexpected tailspin. Nobody is predicting that we will lose our most precious service but who would have predicted all restaurants and sports would be shut down completely. Today is full of unexpected realities. Getting through the distance without really being alone has been bearable. What I am not sure many of us could survive would be total disconnect. Even a few days of us would likely result in the death toll of fear being so much higher than this virus we are all trying to stop in its tracks.
Please pray for me as I pray for you to be calm and supportive of one another. Spend this new reality not watching the news but checking the news briefly. Focus on what we can do to stay productive and encouraging rather than letting fear grip us into depression and anxiety. My truth is that I am so blessed by the home I live in and the people who surround me emotionally not physically. This is not a forever situation. But the changes that come out of this time will improve our lives and the way I live. I will be more grateful when I am back in church lifting my hand with a packed house singing along with Lanessa and the believers who bring worship. Until then I am going to turn off the twenty four hour news and let Alexa fill my house with praise music. This morning when I finally gave up and got out of bed there was a blanket of snow in my yard along with three deer. What a reminder that this season is finishing up to make room for Spring. For now I have my virtual connectivity and I will praise Him.
In Him,
Joyful
3-19-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago
I very much relate to what you write, the Internet is an emotional life line to me. Like you said, being in church and even shopping for groceries will be more sweet when we can go out again. If you would like a card from me, visit my blog today. Be well and of good cheer.
ReplyDeleteI will. Thank you Terra. Please send me your address as well.
Delete