What a perfect birthday I had yesterday. Ron asked me what I wanted to do for my birthday and I knew just how I wanted to spend the day and who I wanted to spend it with. So we donned our fabric masks and wiped the grocery store out of Little Debbie cakes and brownies. Ron drove and I hopped in and out of the Blazer carefully placing these birthday treats on doorsteps all over town. We taped a not to them that said, “I wanted to share my birthday with those I love. Please enjoy this treat from me. Barbara” Ron added a border and balloons to make it even more special. After doorbell ditching I texted to tell them I had left something out front but to feel free to wait a day or two if that made them more comfortable. Corona distancing was strictly in place on our outing.
The best part of my birthday was being able to give to others and the bonus was spending a day driving around with my Ron. We had a great day just the two of us doing what was inspired by our Ryan. The last Christmas Ryan was alive he went all over his apartment complex ringing doorbells and wishing people he didn’t know Merry Christmas and sharing homemade cookies with them. He and Carolyn spent the day baking any recipes they had the ingredients for and then delivering with pure joy. For my birthday this year Ron helped me be like my son. Of course, I didn’t bake these treats. It is a worldwide viral scare and the right thing to do was to buy prepackaged treats that would be less likely to carry germs. Okay, the truth is I don’t enjoy baking as much as Ryan did and buying them made more sense to me.
My joy yesterday came from people responding to our sweet gifts at their door. Yesterday I had so many happy birthday wishes from the almost forty friends who opened their doors after Ron and I drove away and on to the next house on my list. If you didn’t receive one I am sorry. We tried to include as many people as we could. All together we spent almost four hours driving around, laughing and enjoying my birthday just being with each other. Yes, this birthday was an extra special one for me. I spent it with my Ronnie B.
In Him,
Joyful
4-5-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
5 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment