Monday, April 13, 2020

One Pity Party Day is More Than Enough

So yesterday caught me by surprise. Easter was a tough day feeling lethargic most of the day. So I took the day. I started with my heart filled as I watched my church service then Elevation and finally my son’s service online. Friends called and shared there hearts online. Ron and I had a nice breakfast together at the table which is our new norm. Then I went down a rabbit hole of gloom. Missing my mom, my son and my Beth. I just decided to throw myself a big ole pity party for one. It is possible I convinced myself that this was self care. The truth is the staying in pajamas and watching Hallmark movies and HGTV didn’t get me out of my funk but put me deeper into self focused depression. It occurs to me that my OTHERS lesson is one I need to remember myself.

So today I am determined to put others in my heart and realize that it is not a contest of who is suffering more, who has the most grief or who is the loneliest. Today I am going to shower, get dressed and accomplish a few things off my list. I am going to meet a friend for coffee in our cars passenger window to passenger window corona style. Then I am going to be thankful for my haves rather than focusing on my have nots.

This morning I woke up to a beautiful blanket of snow covering the backyard. What a beautiful gift of moisture to begin the day. Snow can come into mid May but today still felt special seeing the white clinging to the branches that are in full bloom. Delicate pink flowers are peeking through the white snow evidence of new life. Today is a new day and I am facing it with a fresh perspective. One pity party day is more than enough.

In Him,
Joyful
4-13-20

No comments:

Post a Comment