Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mother's Day Mom Enjoy Your Mom Up There

Ronnie B. and I have been socially isolating in our nineteen foot RV. It is such a joy to be out and about a bit in our little, rolling casita. I have been editing, diamond arting, reading, and binge watching while Ron goes out on solo hikes to archeological sites. Peaceful change of scenery. Today is my first Mother's Day of my life without my Mom. I appreciate that I had my mom for all these years and spent so much time with her in my life and the lives of my kids. Memories of our many cross country trips together, Black Friday excursions, and Oak Creek card games are joys that will live on even with her celebrating in heaven this year.

My Mom was a colorful person who loved life and let me take a quick picture as she found beauty surrounding her in vivid colors. This last trip to California to see Tanner and Bethany was so special. She continued to be my mom when Tanner set up to give me my first tattoo, she objected fiercely. We waited to do the dastardly deed until she went to bed so she wouldn't be upset that I was disobeying her. That same trip she managed to sneak out of the room with Ron and I sleeping only two feet away. She left the room without her walker and thankfully they called Teri who called us from the Medical Alert bracelet that had mom's information. Terrifying moments between when we woke up and found her gone and when Teri called to inform us she was downstairs at the front desk. If you notice that ornery smile on my Mom's face you can be assured she had spunk even till her last days. One of my favorite pictures is of her and Natalie only weeks before she passed. Another joy is that her sweet tooth remained. The last things Mom ate was fudge and rice krispy treats. Perfect!


I miss you so much Mom. Happy Mother's Day in heaven reunited with your own Mommy.

In Him,
Joyful
5-10-20

No comments:

Post a Comment