Ok, here we are today still in the house or at least our own yards more than ever before. It seems we have cleaned, ridded out closets and cupboards, and generally cleaned more than ever before. So why are we still annoyed by each other’s piles or when one of us leaves a pen on the dining room table rather than putting it back in the appropriate drawer. Because we are stuck here noticing every little thing that is out of place. My hope is to be patient with each other and realize we are bothered by their messes and don’t have eyes for when we leave our own stuff out of place.
Looking around as I am typing this I see my end table is a prime example of my own clutter. It has two squirt bottles to train the kitten, a coffee cup, a water glass, head phones, lotion, Bible, reading glasses, a notebook, a list that is now defunct, several pens, and playing cards that have never been opened. I am too frightened to even look under the end table to see what I have dropped or spilled. So before I whine to Ronnie B. to put his shoes in the closet upstairs, I better notice that I have three pairs of my own shoes laying around the house. Patience is key. Then there is the other key~picking up our own messes rather than whining about others.
The truth is when we are finally out and about our homes will have less clutter and we will be able to keep them picked up better than before this all began. Now if only the donation centers of Goodwiill and other thrift stores would open to take my junk that will surely be someone else’s treasures.
In Him,
Joyful
5-18-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment