A rubber band is of no use unless we stretch it and let it surround something that we wish to hold together. That is the whole point of a rubber band. It is the same with a hair tie. It is only decorative when you wear it on your wrist but when it gathers your hair together to form a bun or ponytail it has a purpose and use. Stretching is also recommended before we workout or go for a run. So why am I talking about all this stretching? Because I feel myself being stretched. I need to lean in to the stretch and not avoid it.
We are in the home stretch of getting my blog book edited and complete. As I go through tweaking it for the twentieth time doubt begins to seep in. How am I so conceited to think God will use my words and my journey to touch others? What a big ego it takes to believe I can make an impact. I should start over or change this. People will be bored by my words. Doubt makes me want to fold my hand and walk away. But the truth is this is God stretching me and reminding me that this story is not about me but about faith. It is a story of Jesus walking beside anyone in any circumstance. It is certainly a stretch for me to put my story out for others to read or ignore. But this morning I had a good reminder of just why I am stretching myself to bring my words to a bigger platform. Jesus made us fishers of men but he also told us that it is our job only to cast the nets. It is His job to fill the nets. So I am going to stop focusing on the what ifs and how comes and just complete the process and put this work out there. He will put it in the hands of who needs my journey to give them the hope and faith that they don’t have to walk their own path alone.
Stretch with confidence that Jesus is with you every step of the way. It is not about being well known but being known well. For me I pray that knowing me well means knowing my faith and relationship with my Jesus. I don’t walk alone.
In Him,
Joyful
5-17-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
3 days ago
Great bblog post
ReplyDelete