Saturday, May 2, 2020

Let This Reset Lead to Heart Change

A worldwide reset is what we could never have imagined or envisioned but here we are. Those who have little around the globe are not as impacted as those of us who have become blind to the many comforts we live with each and everyday. Yesterday as I was moving the water in our backyard and later cleaning up the kitchen dishes it occurred to me that we still enjoy so many comforts others could not imagine. Our trash is collected once a week, our toilets flush and we can read by the light in our homes. We stay connected with reliable WiFi and never go to bed hungry even in this global reset. I have focused too much on what I am missing rather than what I still have. It saddens me that I have looked past all the gifts as I stay at home. But I am going to do my best to shift my focus in the future.

This weekend our New Mexico neighbors on so many Pueblos are under a strict curfew from Friday at 8pm to Monday at 5am. I can’t imagine that intense loss of freedom to move around. Each day I enjoy going with my Kylie dog for a ride just to get out of the house. How would I cope under their restrictions? They are not only locked down but grieving the great loss that is occurring in their families and nations. This is shining a light on the lack of infrastructure that they live with each and every day.  Our nation needs to be better at not allowing the third world conditions exist right here in the heat of our country. My prayers are with these noble people who are living out what I cannot even imagine.

My prayer is that we don’t ever get back to ‘normal’ but that this reset forever changes our hearts. That we come out of our shelter in place more grateful and aware of all we have and with a heart to better the lives of others.

In Him,
Joyful
5-2-20

1 comment:

  1. You are right, we enjoy so much even in lockdown, things I often take for granted. This is reminding me to be grateful, for the privilege of a hot shower and having groceries delivered, etc. The mail comes to my house every day! A friend in another country does not have home mail delivery so she can not pick up or send mail, because of lockdown! I sent her 4 postcards before I realized that.

    ReplyDelete