Friday, May 15, 2020

Others Not Me, Me, Me

So here is the thing, each of us obsesses about the things that are center in our lives. Whether it is looking for a new car, waiting for a baby to be born or just finishing a task that has been weighing on us. We get focused on that one thing. How that gets annoying is when we can’t listen to others because of our obsession. I have been guilty of this a lot lately. My focus has been on getting my blog about Ryan ready to print which is something I never thought I would have the courage to do. How annoying a I to those around me that this is all I am spending time on, thinking about and constantly talking about. Perhaps there are things going on in other people’s lives that I should care about. I need to be reminded that God gave me two ears and only one mouth. Shhhhhhhhhhhh. Listen Barbara. But closing my mouth and silencing my tongue is not sufficient. I need to direct my thoughts to others. This book is a big deal for me but it is not the only thing going on in my life or the lives of those I love. So I am going to do what I need to do for my book and then focus on others. Today I hope to spend more time focused on others than myself. I have been obsessed with my own heart’s desire lately and it is time to change that. I will let you know how I do.

In Him,
Joyful
5-15-20

No comments:

Post a Comment