Baby Felix arrived yesterday with his parents who had driven across country from Washington to get here. Ron and I enjoyed grand baby duty while they rested. Like all our grands, Felix loved Papa’s hammock. It was a joy to watch him sway to and fro in the comfort of that hammock cocoon. He threaded his tiny fingers and toes in the strings and giggled and cooed at the gentle rocking motion. Oh how blessed we are with family from our oldest son to our youngest grand. What a gift to be in our older years feasting on family and all they bring to our lives.
Contentment is an emotional state of satisfaction that can be seen as a mental state, maybe drawn from being at ease in one's situation, body and mind. Colloquially speaking, contentment could be a state of having accepted one's situation and is a milder and more tentative form of happiness. Wikipedia
It is always a pleasant feeling to sit in contentment. Is life perfect? Have I completed all on my to do list? Of course not. Contentment is not something we need to put off until everything in life is just so. We can be content in a moment and then get up, roll up our sleeves and get busy accomplishing tasks. Contentment can also go hand in hand with disappointment and painful situations. Looking back on life it is easy to get caught up in the what ifs and if only I hads. But contentment is a sort of peace even in our missteps. Rose colored glasses and the glass half full mentality that we can celebrate the joys of life in every season.
So today I plan on being content in my home with the new family arrivals and be patient enough to enjoy each and every moment with them even if the sink is full of dishes and my bed is hurriedly made~wrinkles and all. Today I am gifted with family in New Mexico and for that I am so content.
Hey Barbara, it’s Faith stopping by! Yes to choosing contentment! Thank you for that conviction! Also, those are some cute toes!
ReplyDelete