I have had a few friends call or text me to check in. The truth is I am really doing quite well contrary to how my posts have sounded this week. Losing another loved one in less than a year has been sobering. But generally, life is good. Ron and I are happy to be back home and in our routine after the trip out to California for Josh’s service. It was good to be there to hug his parents who should not have been saying goodbye to their 29 year old son. Family was all around us and that was healing after so much time alone. We got to spend much needed time with our own son and daughter-in-love.
So today I am excited that our daughter and her family are on their way here to spend a few months before getting their own place a few miles from us rather than half a country away. Felix is four months old and we can’t wait to spoil him. I am never home for long. My sister calls me her traveling sister but since being home for a few months this spring, I am thankful to be home. I actually planted a vegetable garden anticipating time home to water and care for it. Sleeping in our own bed is heaven. Finally, we have a mattress that is by far our favorite in the forty plus years we have been married. This rambling post is to let you know that although I have been quite philosophical the past few weeks, I am really okay. Perhaps content is a more accurate word to describe my mood. Heck, I even got supplies to make jam out of our choke cherries. It has been decades since my jam making days. Sugar free jam is on my list to try.
All this to say I am hunkering down for a summer at home to enjoy the park and those who choose to allow me to be a part of their family. The park has happy sounds spilling through our windows day and night. Last night, teens were whooping it up at the park until the wee hours. What a joy to hear their laughter and fun. I pray I will never turn into a crabby old woman who shhhhhhhes them but always remain the one who rejoices in their joy. Today I am happy to be doing the mundane tasks to get ready for the kids arrival. Today I am going to be thankful for life, health, and all the people who allow me to be family. More and more I get called Noni rather than Barb or Mrs. Barber. For that I am truly blessed.
In Him,
Joyful
6-27-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
4 days ago
No comments:
Post a Comment