This is a good time to practice our grace for each other. Each of us makes decisions and judgements based on our own life experiences. Who we are has been a lifetime in the making. Thinking that we should educate, change, or influence one another is our own arrogance. How can we pretend that our thoughts and choices are so superior to those of others? Even in that we are so often wrong... Judgement of grace? Hmmmm which should we choose?
Grace is defined as being accepting of others or giving a pass to a debt. It can also be the way we move such as gracefully. So grace has a physical, spiritual, as well as a mental component. It is said that we should get what we deserve. Is that really what we want? I know I fear getting what I have earned in my life. So many mistakes, bad choices and stubborn tantrums through the years. I would much prefer grace to what I deserve. It is not only about God’s grace but the grace of others who lovingly forgave me my harsh words and angry rants. Since I long for your grace doesn’t it make sense that I need to grow in my giving grace to you?
If we had down the giving grace to others then we wouldn’t need to grow in grace. The truth is that being a grace filled, graceful person takes a lifetime of practice. Grace is about letting go rather than clinging to past wrongs. As my vegetables grow out in my garden may grace for others grow in my heart. My goal is to be intentional about a heart full of grace that leaves no room for bitterness and offense. Please have the grace to pray with me for each of our growth in this most life changing area.
In Him,
Joyful
6-28-20
No comments:
Post a Comment