I'm starting with the man in the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make that
Change!
I'm asking him to change his ways
And no message could have been any clearer
If you want to make the world a better place
Take a look at yourself and then make that
Change!
Michael Jackson
Today is a day when it is so easy for me to assume what is in the hearts of others. A misspoken word on their part can launch me into a certainty of who they are and what they stand for. When I don’t even know their hearts or their thinking. I hate racism in others and in myself. I hate the truth that I cannot know the hurt of others because I haven’t walked their path. There is no way for me to truly know what is in someone else’s heart.
What I can do, can control is my own thinking and my own perspective. I can be angry and outraged by the actions of others but I should not pretend to know how they got where they are. All I can do is love others, accept others, pray for others.
Love and acceptance over condemnation.
That is what is best for my own heart.
Please don’t think I am writing to judge you but to put this in my own heart. I am a judgmental, easily offended person and I struggle with this everyday.
Let love and kindness be the motivation in all I do
1 Corinthians 16-14
This is literally tattooed on my wrist to be a constant reminder for me.
In Him,
Joyful
6-4-20
No comments:
Post a Comment