Our fur babies are family members. Yesterday, my courageous kids made the tough decision to let our Shibby dog go across the rainbow bridge. She was suffering and in so much pain that the decision was unavoidable. So we close the door on our Shibby in our arms and know that she will stay forever in our hearts.
Personally it felt so difficult because our sweet Shibs was a puppy a decade ago when we unexpectedly lost our son, Natalie’s brother to suicide. Her cute little self was such a joy during such a sad time in our lives. Shibby is no longer suffering and for that we are thankful. But the hole in our hearts she left behind will take a long while to heal.
I am so proud of my kids for their clinging to each other during this most difficult time. It just reaffirms for me that God placed the perfect man in my daughter’s life to be her life partner. He is her strength through the hard times and her joy through the blessings. Their four month old Felix kept us entertained during even the loss of our grand dog. What a gift that Shibby made the journey back to New Mexico. I know the kids had hopes of Shibby running around the backyard in their new home. The fact that she was able to enjoy our backyard for a few days brought peace to them that she was not cooped up in their fourth floor apartment the last days of her life. Selfishly, I am glad she made it to New Mexico so I got to hold her one more time before we had to say goodbye. God bless you Shibby on your next adventures. I am sure you will entertain with all your tricks for your next family.
In Him,
Joyful
7-3-20
WEDNESDAY HODGEPODGE #668
4 days ago

No comments:
Post a Comment