I love you enough to do your second row for you!
What the heck does that mean? Well, if you crochet you will know that after you make the chain the second row is a pain in the neck to complete. But that second row is necessary if you want to relax into a crochet project and make a warm cozy something for someone you love. The truth is I detest the second row and am always grateful to have it completed. That being said~I do the second row for two people in my life~Jenn and Tillie. I would do it for you too if you just ask. It used to be that I would do their second row grumbling that nobody does my second row. But the truth is I am glad I can do this little spoiling of these two that I love. So I will say it again.............
I love you enough to do your second row!
Or anything else that will make your life a little easier and show you how much you mean to me. The second row is not like walking on coals or being a surrogate mother but it is a tedious, gotta get through it step.
Crocheting is a gift that I have used as therapy in rough times. It is a gift that I get to share with babies as I pray for families as I crochet. Crocheting connects me with others that I have taught to crochet over my lifetime. My Aunt Judy has called up for advice and gone to multiple stores to find me one more skein of a yarn I desperately need to finish a project. Leona has surpassed my talents and makes intricate works of art with her crochet hook. Debbie makes so many different patterns that it would put me to shame if I didn’t know I need to stay in my own lane. Julie and I crocheted together when our kiddos were young. Pat and I watch Hallmark movies and HGTV while drinking coffee and letting our crochet hooks fly. Crocheting is healing and connects me with others during the process and with the blankets I create. Sweet Klarah has one of my blankets I made while praying for her eye cancer surgery. I slept under the warm blanket my sister crocheted decades ago just a few weeks ago after knee surgery.
Today I am thankful for yarn in my RV while I sit in the parking lot praying for my sister. I am creating simple blankets that just may be some little one’s special snuggly. Praying and crocheting not only rhymes but is what I do. Turn up the volume on the worship station and pray for healing for my sister, wisdom for hospital staff, and faith to turn my heart to God who has her in his hands while I can’t be at her side. He is only a whisper away from Teri and knows just what she needs and who needs to be right there with her.
In Him I pray and crochet,
Joyful
11-23-20
Let me know if you need me to do a second row for you. I love you enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment