Us,
Not you and I
But
Us
For we are one together.
As 2020 comes to a close many are choosing a word for 2021.
My word is
Others
Too often I sit and focus on my own heartaches and complaints rather than casting my eyes outward toward others. I am reminded of the friend who had little, no family and still lived her last days serving where she could serve with her frail, terminal body. She said it best that she served for herself really. Giving to others kept her from dwelling on her own pain and kept her heart grateful.
In our divided world it is too easy to get caught up on how right I am and how wrong you are. When the reality lies in our hearts. Bottom line is that each of us wants what is best for others. The strategies to get there are where we differ. When we remind ourselves to look at the hearts of others it is clear that we are not so opposed after all.
So 2021 for me is about others and seeing their hearts more clearly.
I am convinced that will bring me peace that is a gift to me as well as others.
In Him,
Joyful
12-31-20

No comments:
Post a Comment