From high school seniors to 64 year old retired seniors Ron and I are enjoying the quieter but just as magical life together. It was so much fun working in the kitchen together preparing the Christmas Eve treats and meal. When he first walked into the kitchen I asked if he wanted to help. His reply was a rapid fire ‘no’. Then he smiled said coffee first. We worked throughout the day together. He didn’t even complain when I sent him back to the crowded store a second time because oops! I didn’t think of everything. So Merry Christmas my Ronnie B. I can’t believe this is our 47th Christmas morning together. Thank you for the long hugs when I am sad, the laughter and goofing when I am playful and always calling me to share a sunset with me. Ours is my favorite love story~missteps, tears and all. Here is to holding hands for many more Christmas mornings.
Many years from now
Will you still be sending me a Valentine
Birthday greetings bottle of wine
When I'm sixty-four
And if you say the word
I could stay with you
When your lights have gone
You can knit a sweater by the fireside
Sunday mornings go for a ride
Doing the garden, digging the weeds
Who could ask for more
When I'm sixty-four
Joyful
12-25-20

No comments:
Post a Comment