Saturday, January 2, 2021

Courage for Kylie


 Courage is what I need today along with wisdom. Our 17 year old Miss Kylie dog is going to the vet for mouth pain once again. She had a painful surgery almost a year ago and now is doing the teeth clatter of pain again. My courage is that I need to consider her quality of life at this point more than my need for her to be in her bed curled up with me. Saying goodbye is never easy but when it is a decision in our hands it is painful. I am glad my Ronnie B. is going with me to lend his thoughts to the situation. Reality is she is not having any good days anymore. How she used to love to be snuggled up beside me on the couch now just makes her restless. It breaks my heart to be here today and maybe this is not that day. What I pray for is the courage to know when to let her go for her and not hold on for me. 

In Him,

Joyful 

1-2-20

No comments:

Post a Comment