It's raining
It's pouring
The old man is snoring.....
Wait, Ronnie B sleeps in but he doesn't snore. We have had glorious rain this year. It rained in May and was hot in June but monsoons started early. The heavenly sound and smell of summer rains makes me so thankful. Our choke cherries are ripe so I am going to fill the house with the scent of jam today. I will have to take it slow with my rib injury but I just can't bear to let them rot on the bushes. They remind me of Beth who loved to turn them into jam. I need to do at least a bit of jam before surrendering the rest to the birds. Hopefully, the bears will discover them and haver a sweet treat. Our apple tree doesn't have a single apple on it. Guess I won't have guilt about not making applesauce.
I hope wherever you are you are enjoying summer with or without rain. The northwest is blazing hot and our family up there are doing their best to stay cool. It should cool down for them in a few weeks. This heat wave will make them appreciate the cooler weather when it arrives. Today, sit where you are and I will sit where I am and we can be thankful for life, our connection, and all the little gifts life holds.
In Him,
Joyful
6-30-21
I always jump for joy when we have rain here in California. The drought is serious and the forests are very dry; earlier this year fire threatened the city where I live. So I celebrate rain and I like the photo of the rain drops.
ReplyDelete