Friday the 13th........my Mom's favorite number was 13 and she loved when it was Friday the 13th. She always said it was her lucky day. She also loved that her birthday was the longest day of the year, June 21st, summer solstice. Mom so enjoyed life and oh how I hope to be as positive as she was. Setting an example of joy and delight in even the simple life moments is what I hope others remember me by as we definitely remember my Mom that way.
For me today marks nine weeks since I injured my ribs. Some said it would be four to six weeks to heal my brilliant doc, Michelle, said eight to ten weeks. Today is nine weeks so I am excited to report that the pain is only when I sleep or when I lift something too heavy. So this Friday the 13th feels like a new beginning of me joining the active life I have avoided. These past weeks I have tried to focus on the fact that I was healing everyday and there are those with progressive conditions that make them a little worse everyday. This reminded me to use a bit of my down time praying for others rather than complaining about my pain.
I know that the days are getting shorter since we are on this side of Mom's birthday. My choice is to be sliding into the longer days. So as much as I appreciate the Christmas season I am always most excited that the short days are behind us and the sun will grace us with its presence a little more each and everyday. For now I will enjoy spending time in the northwest where the days are still light until after eight pm. The sun sets in New Mexico about a half hour earlier. But I also am thankful to be in the southwest in the winter since our short days are not near as short as Cam's families are up here in Washington. Perhaps we can convince them to come south for Christmas this year.
Thanks for reading my hopefully positive rambling. I have not been writing since I wake up in our rv in the kid's driveway and come in to excellent coffee, conversation along with some unique teen programs......Gabby Duran who babysits aliens. Yep, aliens from outer space are living among us....,who knew!!??!!
In Him,
Joyful
8-13-21 Friday the 13th!
No comments:
Post a Comment