Saturday, September 11, 2021

Love and Kindness and Prayer

 A couple days ago I got the shingles shot first dose. They warned me I could have flu like symptoms and a sore arm. My body followed directions and yesterday was a quiet day of rest. In November when my sister was in the hospital I got a mild case of shingles. Let me tell you that reacting to the vaccine was worth the protection of never getting shingles again.

People are mixed on vaccines and have tried to impose their choices on others. I am thankful for all the vaccines my kiddos received that protected them but I respect other parents who chose not to vaccinate for whatever reason. If I believe vaccine shield me then I have no reason to be concerned about their lack of vaccine. 

There are two in my family who refuse to get the Covid vaccine. Trust me, I have begged, bribed, and shouted for them to change their minds. After losing my sister to this dreaded virus I am terrified of losing someone else I love. In the end I had to surrender the fact that it is their choice to make. It is my job to PUSH. Pray Until Something Happens then pray in the answer that may not be the one I hoped for. 

1 Corinthians 16:14 is tattooed on my arm~Let love and kindness be the motivation in all you do. Continuing to focus on another's vaccine choice doesn't connect me but crumbles our relationship. That is neither loving or kind. Who they vote for, choices of their healthcare, what hair style or tattoos they wear shouldn't cause me to push them away but draw them near in spite of our differences. 

 Let me be someone who respects and loves others as I roll up my sleeve to take every flu shot and vaccine that will protect me personally from the pain and suffering that can be the result if I don't. 

In Him,

Joyful

9-11-21

1 comment:

  1. Oh girl, I like this post, and wrote down the Scripture you quote and the PUSH idea. I got the jabs and support the right of all people to choose, to not get the jab or to be vaxed. My body, my choice!

    ReplyDelete