Saying yes to one thing is saying no to something else. It is hard to say no that is a fact. Especially to those we love and care about saying no feels like letting them down. But the reality is we must say no to say yes. I am aware that when I say yes to those who continuously need my help, I am saying no to time spent with those who I long to connect with. So how do I balance my time to say yes to one thing and no to another? I am horrible at it is my confession but I am working on getting more intentional with my time. For one thing, I am choosing to say yes to my Ronnie B. which makes me say no to others more often now that we are retired. This has been more true since losing my sister last year to Covid. She should be here celebrating fifty years of marriage to her best friend. Instead he is alone grieving the loss of the love of his life.
Saying yes is a gift that we all must be intentional with how we use our yeses especially with our time. They say that what is on our calendars and in your checkbooks shows what is important to me. That is so true. How I spend my time and resources is what I need to be most deliberate about. When I make a meal for a friend I can't also be playing games on my phone. When I go for coffee to listen to a grieving mother,I can't be cleaning my oven. Often the two or more choices presented to us are both important ways to spend our time. So the choices of which will be yes and which will be no becomes so difficult to navigate. Spending time with my grandkiddos is always time well spent. But I need to take trips in our rv with my Ronnie B. and that yes means no to Noni time with littles. This weekend I was blessed to have some of my young lady friends stop by for chats. That meant postponing completing household tasks that I really wanted to get done. My conscious decision on how my time was spent were the exact right yes/no combination for my weekend. Did I finish all my to do list? Nope. But the connections and love far outweighed getting my storage shed emptied.
I have to be willing to let my plans be changed but also hold fast to them. It is not easy saying no but the truth is I am always choosing how I spend my time. What I need to remember that it is also okay to say no so that I have time to myself and time in relationship with Jesus. My mornings start with Bible study and prayer. I love when that is followed by writing this blog with what God puts on my heart.
Today I am praying for my cousin's family as their sweet one year old grandgirl is getting her foot amputated. Beautiful Nevaeh was born with many health issues. My prayer is for her doctors wisdom, families peace and comfort, and that God uses her struggles to make her life path impactful on the lives of others. She has already brought us all to our knees with her beautiful smile and effervescent personality. This little love never complains about her brokenness. What an example she already is on how each of us should approach life. Please say yes to praying for our sweet Nevaeh today.
In Him,
Joyful
9-7-21

No comments:
Post a Comment