Friday, October 29, 2021

A Grandson, a Facial, and a Precious Gift of Ash

What a gift...........I have had a wonderful week with family. Meeting my new grandgirl, Millie has been unbelievably enjoyable. Newborns just smell of hope and future. Her sweet face moves in innocence. I just sit here with Ronnie B. still asleep, coffee in hand, and thank God for my life. I am gifted with all of you and recognize how fortunate I am. 

Tim is my eleven year old grandson with the kindest heart I have ever met. He didn't care for the potato soup I prepared a couple nights ago. He assured me that I am such a good cook and it was the ingredients he didn't like not my cooking. He makes me smile. 

This trip is different. We are not in our RV cocoon. Ron and I are in an Airbnb and have so enjoyed this library suite. Thoughtfulness is evident in this space. Yesterday, Julie and I spent the evening getting ninety minute facials. Oh the level of relaxation as I laid being pampered on that heated bed! I believe that the comfort and healing of the facial is the least of it. The mini glimpse into the sharing life stories with Ash was the true benefit.  Once again as we shared our stories it was clear that God chose the two of us for just this connecting moment. Ash lost her brother to drugs last January. Her mom is addicted and so she as the oldest was mom to him from the age of five. Her tears blended with the soothing products she applied to my face. What a connection we stepped away with in that precious time together. Ash is determined to break the generational curse of addiction and loves on her two little ones. I feel so incredibly blessed not that I lost my son to suicide but that God allows me the opportunity to share my faith through our family story. These connections are the pearls of life that I treasure so much.

What a gift............I am having an incredible time with family and friends. God says I will give you to overflowing, This visit with grandkids would be enough but He is always providing ways to share my faith and include even the healing hands in a facial to show me that it matters when we share our stories. Ash is a perfect name as she rises out of the darkness of family addiction and steps into her future with her family. I will be praying for her in January and she assures me she will pray for me as November 24th approaches. My sister died a year ago from Covid on that day. Of course I gave Ash my book which shares my walk through losing Ryan and how God never made me take a step or a day alone these past eleven years. 

On a lighter note.........I will try to find ingredients that Tim likes as much as my cooking before we head back to New Mexico.

In Him,

Joyful

10-29-21 

No comments:

Post a Comment