Brrrrrrr it is chilly outside, windy and the trees are dancing. Yesterday I was in flip flops and capris today I am back under a blanket and will grab my boots and long sleeves. The fall is fickle and gives us days that feel like summer and days that remind us that winter is on its way. A friend stopped by for coffee at 6 am and as I walked her to her car we were greeted by to young deer in our front yard. What a treasure to share life with these creatures. They were munching on our lawn in front rather than gobbling up crab apples in the backyard. Perhaps they like a variety in their diet as we do.
Tomorrow Ronnie B. and I will travel 1500ish miles to meet our new grandgirl. Washington will be wet and chilled so I better pack my bag accordingly. I can handle the rain for short spurts but this Phoenix girl would not be down with living in the northwest. Summer monsoons are good but I prefer snow to the gloom of winter's continuous drizzle and downpours.
Even with fall's unpredictable weather day to day, it is comforting to know what to expect generally from the weather patterns. My granddaughter in Arizona will call and say it is snowing or the wind is howling and I can almost bet that the next day will bring her outside conditions to me. West to east is how the wind blows as I like to say. Nowadays it is fun to check the weather where our kids live and see what they are experiencing. Ron is forever telling me the temperature in Los Angeles, Tacoma and Flagstaff. Oh the convenience of technology!!!
Wherever you are whether you are putting on your raincoat or bundling up with snow boots or perhaps grabbing your flip flops like my cousins in Arizona, please find joy in your day. Coffee and conversations live or on zoom should fill our days as we connect with one another. Hopefully, you will be thankful for the weather where you are and remind yourself just why you chose to live there in the first place. My sweet Aunt Judy in Phoenix tells me that she loves seeing my snow pictures but could never live here. After all, she grabs her sweater when the thermometer dips down to 75. That makes me smile.
In Him,
Joyful
10-19-21

No comments:
Post a Comment