Pastor Jeremy said making a list of five to do everyday will improve our lives. So I am making my list of five things I am going to do everyday. Not excellently or trying to go the distance all at once but just five things I am going to do to start a change. Now to pray for my focus and commitment to not let life distract me and stop me before I start. I know I have it in me because there are already things I do each and everyday. For example, I never leave the house or even the bedroom without putting on clothes. I drink coffee without fail. Trust me I never, ever forget to have coffee in the morning.
This list can change and should change as we implement them and then evaluate if they are helping or hurting. The other thing Pastor said is they must be enjoyable which makes them sustainable as we begin to look forward to including them each day. He also said we must protect them and make sure we prioritize them. This may mean doing them first in our day so life doesn't get in the way. So with all that advice I am going to come up with my list and you should think about yours. It is okay to include things we already do everyday. Not drinking coffee but like me beginning my day with Bible study.
My List of To Do Everyday
Spend time with Jesus~ pray, study, read, blog
Exercise~ walk, swim, yoga
Read~ read an actual book
Connect~ spend time with friends and family, call, email, get together, write a note
Write~ blog, notes on time with Jesus, communicate with others
So I am going to start my days this way and in two weeks evaluate how faithful I was to my list and then if these are worth keeping in my daily life. These should only take an hour or two so I should be able to keep this commitment. But first I need a plan to be successful. For me I need to get up after my coffee chat with Jesus and get dressed to exercise. That change from lingering in my jammies will be a struggle but I want to add this to my life.I need to set myself up for success.
Okay so today~ Jesus time, writing check. Now I am going to go get my Chacos on and walk. Maybe I will steal Jenn's dog,Nurdy, to keep me company. Tomorrow I may try a podcast or just pray and walk instead of sitting in my spot. I will have to think about that.
In Him,
Joyful
10-4-21
No comments:
Post a Comment