Saturday, October 9, 2021

An Intimate Conversation

 How do I pray was the focus of my Bible study this morning. My hope is that it is more of a conversation than a shopping list. By sharing my heart God will see just what I am concerned about and what I am overjoyed with in my circumstances. I don't want my prayer time to be a give me list of items but a conversation with my closest comfort. My prayers have evolved over time. I realize that sharing my heart and reading His word brings us closer and ultimately gives me the one thing I desire most which is intimacy. 

When I share my family struggles or be honest about health concerns, God takes those and answers the prayers our conversation reveals. The other important part of our relationship is for me to recognize how often He has intervened for me in the past. This gives me the confidence that my heart is heard and He sees the big picture that is my life. I am a child of God. My hope is to be completely transparent with Him. This is my goal with prayer and quiet time at the beginning of my day. Feeling embraced by His love makes whatever the day holds easier to accept. He holds my life in His hands and so holds my family and friends since they are such an important part of my life. 

In Him,

Joyful

10-10-21

No comments:

Post a Comment