Pumpkin spice anyone? But what if I don't really like pumpkin spice? How come I can admit I don't like pumpkin spice but shy away from being honest in the important things I don't embrace? Like I don't really care for large crowds but I don't want to hurt others so I try to show up anyway. Why is it that I can't be honest with the fact that I would prefer not to be around timid people who can't say what they mean. Does that make sense? Isn't that exactly what I am accusing myself of? I never said my thoughts make sense. There are areas of life that I keep silent about but I can surely reveal my dislike of lima beans or luke warm or barely cold anything. Give me piping hot black coffee, no chilled creamers for me. Why would I ever drink something without more ice than liquid? I am a Phoenix girl and we don't just love our cubes but can't live without them. This is why I will never live in Canada where they just don't understand.
Back to my thoughts on boldly sharing my thoughts on the matters that truly matter in life. Perhaps it is not necessary for me to let you know how much I despise littering or selfishness. After all, you are you and have pet peeves and beliefs that I am aware of but may not share. For example, I know how important it is to value our environment by decreasing our wasteful habits. But I have not given up my paper plates and paper towels. It isn't necessary for me to explain how I care deeply for the immigrants at our borders but may have polar opposite views than you on how to solve the reality they are going through. Perhaps it is better for me to let you know that I really prefer bean burritos to filet mignon rather than sharing my thoughts on vaccine mandates. What I do hope is that whether I can smell your pumpkin spice latte or you are inhaling the aroma of my coffee, that we can sit down and appreciate one another for our similarities and also what makes us uniquely different.
In Him,
Joyful
10-17-21

No comments:
Post a Comment